The 19-year-old Baby hitmaker posted a video of himself cheering with a group of children in Guatemala on his Instagram account Monday.
Justin made the trip with education non-profit Pencils for Promise.
He pointed out one of the little boys in the video wearing his sunglasses while lifting his hands high in the air, and called on his fans to follow in his footsteps by doing their part to effect change.
“I gave my little friend Ricardo my sunglasses he was showing his friends what the sun looked like with them on … Let’s all help change the world,” Justin wrote.
Pencils of Promise, which focuses on building schools and bolstering educational opportunities in the developing world, was founded by Adam Braun, the brother of Justin’s manager, Scooter Braun, in 2008.
The star recently released a video in which he shared the transformational experience he underwent while in the country.
“I just had one of the most amazing powerful experiences of my life in Guatemala. I went with Pencils of Promise to work with the people to build a school for their community. This was one of the schools the Believe Tour helped build and to see the people who had nothing but were so happy. It was amazing,” he said.
“I feel like they helped me as much as I helped them,” Justin continued in part. “You can make a huge difference in this world if you just give to others. It is a feeling like no other.”
The Wanted singer flew to New York with bandmates Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes last week and was so ill upon landing a doctor reportedly had to be called.
A source told UK newspaper The Sun Max was determined not to allow his sickness to affect the band’s scheduled performance at the X Factor US on Sunday, and still took the stage.
“Max was as white as a sheet. He must have got the bug while the lads were in the States. But they managed to patch him up and get him on stage,” the insider said.
“It was touch and go for a bit but, given the importance of the performance, Max was determined.”
The band rocked the crowd with a performance of their hit song Show Me Love, which the newspaper notes is rivaling for chart position with One Direction’s Story of My Life.
Max meanwhile won’t have much opportunity to rest, as The Wanted has already flown to Mexico for their next gig.
The band has also been busy promoting their upcoming album Word of Mouth and also star in reality show The Wanted Life.
Max recently said when one of them starts to feel down because of their hectic schedule, he uses tough love to get his bandmates back on track.
“We say, ‘Stop being a mardy arse and get on with it!'” he laughed to British magazine new!
Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum selling, recording artist Drake today announced that he will be returning to the UK in March 2014 for arena shows in seven cities.
The tour will start in Manchester on the 11th March and visit Sheffield, Glasgow, Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool and London with support on all dates from special guest The Weeknd. Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Friday 1st November from http://www.livenation.co.uk
Drake’s new album ‘Nothing Was The Same’ ‘ one of the most critically acclaimed and feverishly anticipated new albums of the year ‘ debuted at number 1 on the US Billboard Top 200 Album Chart and entered the UK album chart at number 2. The album has already been certified Platinum in the US and also features his brand new single ‘Too Much’, due to be released on December 9th.
Following their collaboration on the track ‘Live For’, fellow Canadian The Weeknd will be joining Drake as a special guest on all UK dates. The track’ which clocked up over half a million plays on Soundcloud in one day when revealed online earlier this year ‘ is taken from The Weeknd’s second full-length album ‘Kiss Land’ which was released to critical acclaim in September.
DRAKE plus special guest THE WEEKND’March 2014
Tuesday 11th Manchester Phones 4u Arena
Friday 14th Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
Saturday 15th Glasgow The Hydro
Sunday 16th Nottingham Capital FM Arena
Thursday 20th Birmingham The NIA
Saturday 22nd Liverpool Echo Arena
Monday 24th London The O2
Tuesday 25th London The O2
Tickets go on-sale 9am on 1st November 2013 priced £46.00 / £40.00 regionally and £52.50 / £47.50 / £45.00 in London (subject to per-ticket charge plus order processing fee) and are available top right.
Channing Tatum is looking switch things up and to take a step behind the camera.
The Hollywood hearthrob has teamed up with A&E to executive produce an hour-long docuseries which will follow the entertainers of a New Orleans burlesque club, E! News confirms.
Tatum opened up said club, Saints and Sinners, with his friend and biz partner Keith Kurtz in 2012, and now he is looking to give his business a little extra attention via reality TV. Now, before you get too excited ladies, we must warn you that this is not going to be Magic Mike on the small screen. (Bummer, we know!)
Production is still in the very early stages and as of now A&E tells us this is just a pilot order. However, considering the fact that everything Tatum touches practically turns to gold (or at least body glitter) we would not be surprised at all if this series danced its way into our TV screens.
It is unclear if Tatum will grace us with his presence on the reality series, but one can certainly hope!
In other Tatum news, The 22 Jump Street star has recently teamed up with Nick Zano for a multi-camera comedy for CBS and Warner Bros. Way to stay busy Tatum and once again, congratulations on your face.
We now know two things about Kelly Rowland : she has a killer body and a large outie belly button.
The X Factor judge stepped out in this rather unique Alon Livne jumpsuit on the Black Girls Rock red carpet. We don’t know what’s weirder, the totally sheer pants or the ’90s power woman top. It’s like this former Destiny’s Child member is auditioning for a remake of Designing Women…on Cinemax.
We could get behind this look if the pants weren’t entirely see-through. A sheer midriff and peek-a-boo panels throughout would be way less intense. Same goes for the top. Less width in the half sleeves, and height in the neckline would take it from flashback to modern.
That said, we always appreciate seeing a celebrity belly button, and Kelly’s does not disappoint.
Sorry, Jonas Brothers fans: the musical trio is officially disbanding.
The pop stars made the official announcement on Tuesday, Oct. 29, just less than three weeks after they canceled their fall tour due to “a deep rift within the band.”
“It’s over for now,” says 25-year-old Kevin Jonas , who is expecting his first child with his wife, Danielle Jonas. Drummer and vocalist Nick Jonas , 21, echoes his eldest brother’s sentiments. “It’s really hard to say ‘forever,'” he says. “We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”
The group decided to call it quits on Oct. 3 when Nick shared some serious concerns about their future. “I was feeling kind of trapped,” he tells People. “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”
According to Joe Jonas , however, Nick merely voiced what they all were feeling. “It was a unanimous decision,” the 24-year-old solo singer explains.
After the Jonas Brothers were signed to Hollywood Records in 2005, they went on to sell more than 20 million albums worldwide. They starred in two Camp Rock movies and headlined their own Disney Channel show. In 2009, Nick formed his own blues rock band, called Nick Jonas and the Administration.
Despite their differences, the New Jersey-born stars gave fans some hope that they might reconcile. “Please hold while we get our s–t together,” he tweeted Oct. 22. Nick added, “Bear with us.”
Now, it seems, fans of the Jonas Brothers will have to bear with the loss of their favorite band.
If you think Kanye West’s proposal to Kim Kardashian was over the top, just wait for the wedding. On Monday, Oct. 28, the hip hop star stopped by radio station Power 106 for an interview with Big Boy Neighborhood, in which he hinted that there’d be some big surprises — bigger than both the baseball stadium where he popped the question and Kardashian’s massive diamond ring — when he and his fiancee eventually tie the knot.
Confessing to Big Boy that the couple are aiming to marry sometime “next summer,” the 36-year-old “Black Skinhead” rapper offered just one other tantalizing tease.
“Two words,” he said when asked about the wedding. “Fighter jets.”
Given West’s penchant for grand romantic gestures — and his very high opinion of himself and “his girl” – fighter jets might actually be within the realm of possibility. One thing is certain: It’s going to take something pretty huge to top his marriage proposal at San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
“I gotta apologize to the race of males for turning it upnso much,” the aspiring designer quipped of setting the bar so high for other men plotting their own proposals.
Asked whether he had any pre-proposal jitters, West admitted: “I was nervous a little bit. But more about everything being on cue.”
“They didn’t have the lights exactly how I wanted them to be,” he added, noting that he and the technician he’d hired had argued over how “romantic” the ambience should be.
Indeed, West left no detail unattended to when he was planning the proposal. “[Kim] knew I was eventually going to ask her to marry me,” he told Big Boy. “I just had to get that ring right. I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made and only one actually hit the finger…I actually changed the ring the night before. That ring was less than four hours old when I gave it to her.”
Kanye West appeared on the Power 106 “Big Boy’s Neighborhood” morning show on Monday, where he discussed everything, including being “nervous” to propose to Kim Kardashian , the problem with “luxury,” his issues with paparazzi and beyond.
During the interview, he compared himself to Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson, declared that he’s a “Christian revolutionary visionary products person,” and hinted that people can expect “fighter jets” at his nuptials.
As for a wedding date, West revealed that he and Kardashian plan to marry next summer.
“I wanted to marry that girl from the first time I saw her, and I just had to wait through a bunch of relationships to finally get my chance,” West says of Kardashian, explaining that he thought popping the question at AT&T Park in San Francisco “would be dope.”
He explained that the engagement ring, designed by Lorraine Schwartz , was “less than four hours old” when he gave it to Kardashian.
As for whether he and his new fiancee will televise their wedding, West is practical.
“I would take as much as possible,” he told Big Boy. “What’s official for everybody in this room and everybody on this globe right now is them bills. If you can help out with those bills, because you know me and Kim are in the exploitation business. We get paid to exploit ourselves. I’m [going to] give my daughter the opportunity to choose when she wants to be exploited. That’s the reason we didn’t take any money for any baby pictures.”
There is so much more to the interview, and it’s well worth watching.
Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke danced an impressive Jive on Monday’s “Dancing with the Stars,” earning their first “10″ of the season.
During rehearsals, the former reality star broke down about being exhausted due to his multiple sclerosis, but in the end he pushed through for an amazing performance.
Carrie Ann Inaba said, “You were light on your feet.”
Len Goodman told the, “There’s a naturalness about you dancing.”
“There’s a great charm in what you do,” added Bruno Tonioli .
Osbourne’s parents Ozzy and Sharon were in the audience to support their son.
The pair received a “10″ from Inaba, and earned a high score of 27.
Snooki and Sasha Farber were shockingly eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday night after landing in the bottom two with Bill Engvall and Emma Slater .
Snooki broke down in tears and almost walked off the stage before Brook Burke called her back to say some last words on the show.
“I just love everyone here,” the “Jersey Shore” alum cried.